Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Josh Lancaster


Josh was laid to rest on Monday, January 31, 2011. He returned to Alabama on Saturday, January 29th. This was one of the hardest, emotionally exhausting, depressing, tear-filled weekends I have endured in a long time. It was truely awe insiring to see how many lives Josh had touched in his life and with his death. I can only hope that I have touched half as many people in my lifetime.
I feel blessed to have had him as a nephew for the short time I did. He was so much like a younger brother to Chris that there were times I had to remind myself that Josh was actually the nephew, not the brother.
I now understand one of my favorite Shakespearean quotes:

"Everyone can master a grief but he that has it."
~Much Ado About Nothing~



I love you, Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment